We have a vacancy for a Transport Office Apprentice to work within our busy transport office.
The successful candidate will join an established Warehousing & Distribution company which was established in 1954, the family-run business has core values of providing excellent services to a wide variety of customers throughout the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to begin a career within the transport industry and would be willing to be enrolled on an apprenticeship programme with an external apprenticeship provider.
Full training for the role will be given, however, a willingness to learn and an interest in the transport industry would be advantageous. Skills including good attention to detail and accuracy is the first and foremost requirement of this role. The completion of the apprenticeship will provide room for development within this role and further career opportunities within the business for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be required to enrol with an apprenticeship provider, we currently work with GEM Training – however other providers of apprenticeships will be considered.
Transport Office Apprentice – Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Respond to messages and POD requests in online systems
- Complete booking ins for our customers
- Check financials & message depots with booking info
- Driver brief and de-brief in and out of our depot
- Provide telephone support for the transport desk
- A daily download of PODs & Export for indexing
- Copy, Assign, and Check jobs on running sheets for Drivers
- Receive stock for business and put away
- Produce stock required lists on a weekly basis
- Weekly check on First Aid Kits / Eye Wash Stations
- Pallet size exception sheet – daily, check pricing, update spreadsheet with information.
- Stock control and the issue of uniforms / PPE.
- Administrative support for the customer services department.
The role is Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, a rotational Saturday morning will be required once training is in place, and working hours to be discussed and agreed at the interview.
25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days per annum.
Rates of pay – based on national minimum wage rates for apprentices.
Applications should be submitted by email, cover letter and CVs to be sent to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 8th July 2022.