Logistics firm, Stiller Warehousing & Distribution, is preparing for a recruitment morning to be held at their Ridgeway, Newton Aycliffe site on September 11.
Prospective HGV drivers will be welcome on a bookings-only basis, to come and visit the site, speak to drivers, and find out more about the company and its available roles.
The recruitment morning comes at an ideal time for new drivers to join the company as Stiller has recently confirmed an enhanced remuneration package for its HGV drivers.
From September 6, all HGV driving roles will see a pay increase, depending on the role and responsibilities involved.
Stiller is hoping to use the recruitment morning, taking place from 10am to midday on September 11, to welcome prospective Cat C and Cat C+E drivers for both day and night roles.
The company is offering a number of set salary positions plus overtime and more information about the updated remuneration packages for these roles can be found here.
In addition to a set salary position, successful candidates will also benefit from:
- Paid breaks
- 20 paid annual leave plus 8 statutory holidays
- Driver CPC course costs, VAT and upload fees may be claimed each calendar year
- Driver medicals for HGV licence renewals can be arranged and paid for by the Company or may be claimed for as an expense
- Full uniform and PPE provided
Stiller is also proud to encourage its HGV Drivers to further their careers with a range of training and career development opportunities, including:
- Upon completion of 6 months of employment and a good record, the Company will offer to pay for HGV driver training and test fees to upgrade to Cat C+E licence. Part of these fees may be reclaimed if employment ends within 12 months of the test date.
- Fully-funded ADR licence training and refreshers may be provided subject to a good work record.
- Opportunities to undertake train-the-trainer courses, provide driver training/assessments are available for experienced time-served drivers.
Duties will be collection and delivery work of palletised goods to businesses and homes. Long haulage (including nights out), trunking and shunting opportunities are also available.
Pallet network experience using pallet trucks and vehicle-mounted tail-lifts is preferred but not essential. Good geographical knowledge of the North East of England and safely navigating the region is essential.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Hold a full UK driving licence with either a Category C+E or C entitlement.
- Have no more than 3 licence penalty points.
- Have a UK Digital Tachograph Card.
- Have a current Driver Qualification (CPC) Card.
- Have good communication skills and be able to demonstrate good customer-facing skills.
Stiller is also offering a limited-time £1,500 bonus for new Cat C+E drivers who commence employment with the company during September, which is payable on 31 December 2021, terms apply.
The company recently invested £500,000 in a new vehicle maintenance facility and £550,000 in 14 new HGV trailers and three new trucks, increasing the firm’s capacity.
It takes Stiller’s investment in property, facilities and people to more than £12m in the last six years.
Stiller provides cost-effective warehousing and distribution services to businesses in the North-East region as well as commercial property lettings and is also a member and major shareholder in Palletline, a national cooperative network of 70 companies.
Stiller is keen to welcome all prospective candidates to the September 11 recruitment morning, which is taking place between 10am and midday. Those interested in attending must book a 30-minute slot by calling 01325 313140 or emailing email@example.com.